BENEFITS OF TAIL DOCKING LAMBS.
- Reduces dag formation and thus minimizes susceptibility to fly-strike
- Improves external parasite control
- Improves the efficiency of dagging, crutching and shearing
- Allows for management flexibility to finish lambs under variable weather conditions
- Improves the cleanliness of the wool
- Reduces handling required pre-slaughter for crutching/dagging
- Reduces fecal contamination and risks to food safety at livestock processing plants.
Original Docking Iron
The LPG fired, scissor-action Docking Iron has been extensively field tested and proven to be fast, easy to use and reliable. The large copper searing head ensures excellent heat retention helping minimize blood losses and ensuring quicker healing. The Standard model is ideal when docking in sheltered and mild weather conditions. The High Wind Model features a larger jet and burner for use in cold weather or exposed locations. Full range of spare parts and repairs are available.
Features of the Original Docking Iron:
- Proven burner system
- Copper Alloy searing head for swift heat up, heat retention and longer life
- A holder that deflects spent gas back back over cutting head preventing cooling and gas wastage.
Patesco Docking Iron
Based on the proven design of the Original Docking Iron, the Patesco model features a rotating anvil that stretches the wooled skin toward the end of the tail.
Features of the Patesco Docking Iron:
- Patented rotating anvil system stretches wooled skin during process
- Improved leverage and balance
- Copper searing head for excellent heat retention
- Unique handle linkage system
- LPG fired