12V Induction Heater: Mini-Ductor® (MD-500)
12V Battery-Powered, Handheld Induction Heater & Flameless Torch
Time spent outside of fully equipped garages can be a challenge for technicians. The range of tools in a repairer’s vehicle can also significantly limit mobile repair capability. Reducing precious time used when struggling to free off components in this environment is paramount, so a truly portable and compact product that can save such time is a handy proposition for all mobile mechanics.
Ideal for roadside repair or at a customer’s premises where regular power supplies aren’t available, the Mini-Ductor 12V (MD-500) is completely portable. Working off a 12V battery pack, off a car, van or truck battery (or any piece of kit with a 12V battery), the Mini-Ductor 12V can be used for a number of remote applications where rusted, corroded or thread locked parts need to be removed quickly and safely.
The tool uses Invisible Heat® to quickly heat ferrous and some non-ferrous metal and provides a viable, safe alternative to using a naked flame. Some parts can also be re-used as the flameless heat is localized on the part and not the surrounding area, with less collateral damage.
Mini-Ductor 12V Features
- Works off of a car, van, truck, or other vehicle’s 12V battery (clamps included)
- Bright white LED lamp illuminates work surface
- Durable reinforced thermal plastic housing
- Slip-resistant grenade style grip
- Deep discharge battery protection
- Thermal overload protection
- Reverse polarity protection
- Over voltage protection
- Kit includes an operating manual, 3 basic work coils and a custom case