Woollie Warmers are cost effective, easy to use tools for reviving hypothermic lambs born in harsh conditions by immersing them in warm water.
Extremely simple to use, the strong plastic container made from medium-density polyethylene plastic is insulated and has a tight-fitting lid with a clasp fastener to retain heat for as long as possible. The lamb’s body is supported in an upright position by a rubber sling inside the Woollie Warmer, while the lamb’s head sticks out of a hole shaped to support the neck, and keep the lamb’s face out of water to prevent drowning.
Benefits of the Woollie Warmer Include:
- Saves the lives of otherwise healthy lambs
- Extremely simple to use
- Saves time tending to cold lambs
- Cost effective - save 2-3 lambs and it's paid for itself
- Tough & robust - made from medium density polyethylene plastic
- No electricity or batteries needed
- Easy to clean
- Fully portable
- Similar effect to giving lamb a warm bath
- Limits time lamb is away from ewe
- Lamb returns to ewe warm & steaming as if just delivered
- Head is free - allowing tube feeding and medication
- Leaves shepherd free to do other jobs
- Water stays warm for up to an hour
- Very quick recovery time period
Developed by a Yorkshire farmer’s wife, and made in Britain. The Woollie Warmer can make a huge difference on your farm.
Huber Ag Equipment is THE Canadian distributor of the Woollie Warmer.